Example Of Our : New Puppy Health Guarantee
30 Day Free Health Insurance Through:
TRUPANION.com OR AKC Pet Insurance (Your Choice)
View certificate example here for Trupanion.
AND A Optional three year Genetic Defect Guarantee.
Our family at Barkleys Scotties, takes every effort for your NEW Scottish Terrier puppy to be of excellent health: genetics, shots, deworming, food, and vitamin supplements; excellent personality, friendly, easy to train, and happy. We start the day the puppy is born to make sure we exercise good habits with the puppy that will develop a good personality in the puppy and result in a great family adult dog.
Our females are selected for excellent genetics, healthy, love-able personality, and good looks. Each has passed our screening process before we ever breed her for future puppies. Our desire is to have healthy family pets that will live a good 12-15 years and bring every family lots of fun and joy.
The parents have been on NuVet Plus which has resulted in helping the mother to have an easy pregnancy and a less stressful birth and delivery. The good nutrients are then passed through the mother's milk to the puppies. The puppies are then given NuVet Plus after weaning for a healthy supplement that helps build a strong body and immune system for their start on a healthy life.
Before the puppies leave our home, each puppy will be wormed every two weeks and will have the first round of puppy shots. They are handled daily by members of our family and then friends and neighbors. They are also socialized with other dogs both younger and older. We also have one cat that often sleep & play with the puppies. This develops a good relationship with cats that will make cat-friendly adult dogs.
Three Year Guarantee:
We offer a guarantee on our puppies for three years to be free from hereditary health defects when the NuVet supplement is given and is purchased with the breeders referral code 83389. The puppy must be fed a healthy diet and kept from home hazards, poisonous plants and foods that are unhealthy for dogs and possibly lethal to puppies. All of our puppies are sold limited AKC registration.
1. The Buyer MUST put the puppy on NuVet Plus Tabs after purchase for a period of not less than 36 months for this Health Guarantee to be in compliance.
Because what you put into your puppy will have an extremely important impact on proper development. We believe that every effort should be made to ensure that your NEW puppy receives the best nutrition possible, especially during the critical growth stages up to 36 months.
2. All deposits are non-refundable. We are looking for committed families for our puppies, who will dedicate the time and care needed for happy puppies! In the event that a puppy is not born from the litter that your deposit has been placed on, your deposit will be transferred to another litter at your request.
3. Your puppy must be seen by a veterinarian within 72 hours after you receive them.
4. Our Health Guarantee does not cover, vaccinations, veterinary costs, training or any transportation costs. These costs are the direct result of responsible dog ownership and should be expected as part of having a new puppy.
5. If for some reason it is determined that your family cannot keep the puppy, please contact us and we will work with you to relocate the puppy. Please do not take the puppy to a humane society or a animal shelter. We have people who contact us wanting older dogs all the time. In the event for some reason that you are not able to keep your puppy then we REQUEST that the puppy be returned to us. ALL ownership rights, AKC transfer of registration, and copies of ALL veterinarian records accompany the transfer back to us. No monetary compensation will be made to you for the surrender of your dog back to us. You will be responsible for the transport back to us.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CARE FOR YOUR PUP AT ANYTIME IN HIS OR HER LIFE, PLEASE RETURN THE PUP TO US, WE WILL NOT
ASK ANY QUESTIONS.
We are not responsible for accidents or neglect of your puppy resulting in a lot of vet bills and possibly death.
We guarantee our pups to be free from genetic illnesses for three (3) year including liver, heart, and kidney disease. If your pup is diagnosed with any of these genetic illnesses, you will receive a replacement pup in the same color and sex as soon as one is available. If transportation was involved you the buyer will be responsible for transportation expenses again. This guarantee does not state that your pup will always be healthy, but that it will be genetically healthy.
All of these problems require written proof from a licensed veterinarian and will be examined by our (the breeder's) veterinarian before we will consider any further action.
In the unfortunate instance that your puppy dies from said illness, an autopsy is required to show that the cause was of genetic origin before replacement is considered.
You must also show proof that the said pup has had sufficient health exams with a licensed vet, and be Up to Date on all shots, including Rabies.
If the Genetic disorder or disease is curable by medicine or surgery, a replacement pup is not always an option, in this case please contact us and discuss options. We the breeders are not responsible for ANY vet bills.
The only exception being if your autopsy shows genetic origin is at fault, we will assist in the cost of the autopsy in the amount of 30% after autopsy determines the issue was of genetic origin.